Pools of the Kai
Pools of the Kai are 2-bedroom condominiums located right on the beach in the heart of Cayman Kai. All units are recently renovated and refreshed with modern appliances and contemporary decor.
All condos feature a primary suite on the upper level and a guest suite on the lower level. Both ensuites are equipped with walk-in showers.
The living area features a vanishing glass wall that opens up to reveal a private pool atrium. Enjoy island living with your own private oasis with spectacular water views!
Optional pool heat is available for a $25 daily surcharge.
Finally, the location cannot be beaten. Walk barefoot to The Kaibo or the Rum Point Club Resort for drinks and dinner. Take a kayak tour of Starfish Point and the island's Bioluminescent Bay. Catch the ferry departing next door at the Kaibo Marina for day trips to Camana Bay and Seven Mile Beach.
Staying at the Pools puts you at the center of the best Cayman Kai has to offer.
Make a break for Cayman's quieter side, where life is easy and not so fast.
Nearby Points of Interest
- 5-minute walk to Starfish Point and the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 15-minute walk to Rum Point Beach and Bioluminescent Bay.
- 5.6 miles to the nearest grocery store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 7.4 miles to Over the Edge restaurant
- 10 miles from our Guest Welcome Center
- 13.7 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
- 27 miles (53-minute drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.
Cayman Ferries operates daily water taxis departing from the Kaibo Marina to Camana Bay. Perfect for day trips to Seven Mile Beach or shopping excursions at Camana Bay.
Download their app to purchase your tickets in advance. Just be sure to make it back for the return voyage across the sound!
All Pools of the Kai condos feature full kitchens with modern appliances, plus cookware, flatware, glassware, and utensils.
- Private Pool Atrium
- Pool Heat Available for a Daily Surcharge
- Private Balcony off the Primary Suite
- Central Air Conditioning
- Complimentary High-Speed Wifi
- HD Televisions with Cable Channels
- Gourmet Kitchens
- Modern Appliances
- In-Condo Laundry Room with Washer & Dryer
- Complimentary Linens & Bath Towels Provided
- Complimentary Beach Towels Provided
- Iron & Board Provided
- Hair Dryers
- Kayaks & Paddleboards Available at Discounted Rates
The white sand beach behind the Pools of the Kai units is pure, barefoot beach sand. You can easily walk 120 yards to the Kaibo Yacht Club for drinks, meals, and watersports, as well as charter boat pick-up.
Facing the sound, the ocean water behind the Pools of the Kai is clear and calm. There are no reefs here teeming with marine life, nor is the sea bottom sandy.
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically open to the public. For barefoot swimming, we suggest walking across the street to Gardens of the Kai, or heading west to Starfish Point. Details under the Map tab.
General Grand Cayman Beach Notes
All beaches in Grand Cayman are technically public since the King owns up to the high water mark.
The shoreline quality behind your property may vary seasonally. Be advised that the beach or water entry behind your property may vary slightly from the images on our website due to weather.
The next-door beach is also always available for your use.
Ocean Debris & Sargassum Seaweed
Beaches in Grand Cayman may also experience floating ocean debris and sargassum weed seasonally. Sargassum is a generally harmless floating seaweed that has increased in frequency in recent years. Although sargassum is an unsightly nuisance, it is largely seasonal in summer.
Our owners do make efforts to remove heavy sargassum and will have the beach raked prior to your arrival.
Should sargassum weed be extremely heavy behind your property, we will reach out to the owner for alternative solutions which may include a partial refund or relocation.
We try our best to work around mother nature.
- All rates are in US$.
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Service Fee is added to all rates.
- A Departure Cleaning Fee is added to all rates.
- A refundable damage deposit of $500 is required for all stays.
- The refundable damage deposit will be charged 30 days prior to arrival and refunded 7 days after departure pending inspection for damages.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Bank Wire are accepted for payments.
Minimum Stay Rules
- 5 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates for approval before booking.
- Short stays may be available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire to book.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
- Pools of the Kai observe a 10:00 pm outdoor noise curfew.
- We ask all guests to be mindful of their neighbors and keep noise to a minimum.
- Check-in is 3:00 pm.
- Check-out is at 10:00 am.
- All condos are non-smoking. Smoking will result in an automatic $500 cleaning fee.
- No pets are permitted on the property.
- No parties, weddings, or events without prior written consent from the homeowner.
All amounts are due at time of booking for last-minute stays within 60 days of arrival.
Payments will be split in two for bookings outside of 60 days from arrival.
- 50% of Rent is due at booking to secure your dates.
- The remaining balance is due 60 days from arrival.
Payments can be split among guests or multiple credit cards.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or Bank Wire for payments.
Outside of 60 Days from Arrival
- Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.
- Should the guest cancel outside of 60 days from arrival, half of the first deposit will be refunded less a 3.50% processing fee.
- Should we be able to replace any of the canceled dates a prorated refund will be applied less any re-booking costs incurred.
- Should the owner not be able to replace the reservation, the balance of the initial deposit is forfeited.
Within 60 Days from Arrival
- Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.
- Should the guest cancel within 60 days from arrival, all occupancy taxes, cleaning fees, and refundable damage deposits will be fully refunded to the card on file.
- Should we be able to replace any of the canceled dates the guest will receive a pro-rata refund of monies paid less a 3.50% admin fee and rebooking charges incurred.
- Should GCVC not be able to replace the reservation, the rent and service fee will be forfeited.
- However, the guest will receive a credit of 50% of rent to be used towards a future stay at the same property within 13 months of the original arrival date.
We strongly recommend purchasing Rental Guardian Trip Insurance to reduce the risk of cancellation, weather delay, airline interruption, or medical reasons for non-travel.