Island Houses of Cayman Kai
A laid-back slice of paradise in the Cayman Kai neighborhood where life is easy and not so fast.
The Island Houses are a beachfront collection of two-story, screened-lanai townhomes dotting the waterfront across the street from the famous Rum Point Club.
The new Rum Point Club has been reimagined with a soft reopening featuring a limited backyard BBQ menu and beach bar with picnic tables and sun loungers right on the sand. Follow their Facebook page for business hours and full reopening details.
The Kaibo is also nearby, just a 5-minute walk to the south. The Kaibo features a casual beach bar & grill for lunch, dinner, and takeout, plus a coffee shop for light breakfast and pastries. Kaibo's Upstairs is a fine dining restaurant for elegant dinner service.
With Rum Point Beach across the street and Bioluminescent Bay in the backyard, guests staying at the Island Houses will love being central to the best attractions in Rum Point and Cayman Kai.
Our collection of Island Houses includes:
Each Island House consists of an open floor plan and features 2 bedroom suites on the upper level. The common areas of the home are downstairs on the lower level.
Full kitchens with modern appliances come standard. All units also include a laundry room with a washer and dryer, a powder room, and a sunroom for overflow sleeping or set up as home offices.
All residences feature a 2-story screened lanai providing quintessential indoor-outdoor island living minus the pesky bugs.
Walk out from the lanai to the wide sandy beach and community pool with sundeck.
With Bioluminescent Bay in the backyard, many Island Houses provide complimentary kayaks or paddle boards for guests to use during their stay. Some homes even provide bicycles to easily get around the neighborhood.
Watch the glowing waters come to life under the night sky as you paddle along Bio Bay. Explore on your own or hire a guided tour with Cayman Kayaks.
With only 11 bioluminescent bays in the world, you won’t want to miss crossing this excursion off your bucket list.
Bio Bay is ideal for kayaking and paddle boarding, but not suitable for swimming or snorkeling. Head across the street to Rum Point Beach or walk south to Starfish Point for a barefoot beach experience.
Trade the hustle and bustle of Seven Mile Beach for easy island living in beautiful Rum Point.
The Cayman Kai neighborhood is very quiet and peaceful. The area is perfectly suited for those who want to escape the crowds for a slower pace of life.
The neighborhood has very low traffic. The streets and beaches are safe and ideal for strolling the neighborhood while enjoying the tropical scenery.
Rum Point Beach is the area's big draw and easily one of the best beaches outside of Seven Mile Beach. In addition to a barefoot beach experience, you'll find excellent snorkeling, watersports rentals, charter excursions, and jet ski rentals for a true island experience.
For a more remote beach vibe, head south to Starfish Point. The sunsets there are phenomenal. Please be mindful not to disturb the starfish or leave litter behind.
Dining options are currently limited to The Kaibo. With two restaurants offering two distinct dining experiences—the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill for casual dining or Upstairs for fine dining—you'll find menus full of local flavors crafted by gourmet chefs.
The Kaibo also includes a cafe, Kaibo Espresso. Start your day with coffee, tea, pastries, or breakfast wraps.
Escape the crowds of Seven Mile Beach for a remote getaway experience to Cayman's quieter side.
Points of Interest
- 26 miles (50 min drive) from Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
- 9 miles (15 min drive) from Silver Thatch Welcome Center
- 4-minute walk across the road to Rum Point Beach
- 1.1 miles south to the Kaibo Beach Bar & Grill
- 1.6 miles south to Starfish Point
- 4.4 miles to the nearest general store, Chisholm's Grocery
- 12.6 miles to the nearest supermarket, Foster's Market
A rental car is highly recommended. Taxi cabs are unreliable and expensive outside of town and Seven Mile Beach. Plus, there is no Uber or Lyft on the island.
Relax and recharge in your vacation home-away-from-home!
Fully furnished villas with modern appliances and comfy bedding await your arrival.
All Island Houses include full kitchens with modern appliances. Small appliances such as coffee makers, blenders, and toasters are provided as well as cookware, flatware, glassware, and utensils.
- Waterfront views
- Private 2-story screened lanai
- Free fiber internet & wifi
- Air conditioning throughout
- HDTVs with cable TV
- Local phone with free calls to US & Canada
- Bedroom balconies with water views
- Beach & bath towels provided
- Linens provided
- In-unit laundry rooms with washers & dryers
- Hair dryers
- Waterfront saltwater pool
- White sandy beachfront
- Directly waterfront on Bio Bay
- Short walk to the Rum Point Club, Kaibo, and Starfish Point
- All rates in US$.
- 13% Occupancy Tax added to all rates.
- 10% Service Fee added to all rates.
- A refundable damage deposit of $500 is added to all reservations.
- The refundable deposit will be released 5-7 business days after guest departure.
- Guests must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the unit during the entire stay.
Minimum Stay Rules
- 5 nights minimum stay required.
- 6 nights minimum are required over Thanksgiving week.
- 7 nights minimum and full occupancy are required over Christmas and New Year's week.
- Christmas & New Year's are split into two rental periods. Please inquire with your travel dates prior to booking.
- Shorter stays available but subject to a higher cleaning fee. Please inquire before booking.
- Must be 25 years or older to book and must occupy the property during the entire stay.
- The Island Houses belong to the Cayman Kai Homeowners Association and observe a 10:00 PM outdoor noise curfew.
- We ask all guests to be mindful of neighbors while enjoying the shared pool, or screened lanais, by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Check-in is 3:00 pm.
- Check-out is at 10:00 am.
- All guests must first check-in at our Silver Thatch Welcome Center prior to arriving at the property.
- All homes are non-smoking. Please refrain from smoking inside or on the lanai.
- Smoking will result in an automatic $500 cleaning fee.
- No pets are permitted on the property.
- No parties, weddings, or events without prior written consent from the homeowner.
All amounts are due at time of booking for last-minute stays within 60 days of arrival.
Payments will be split in two for bookings outside of 60 days from arrival.
- 50% of Rent is due at booking to secure your dates.
- The remaining balance is due 60 days from your arrival.
- Payments can be split among guests or multiple credit cards.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or Bank Wire for payments.
Outside of 60 Days from Arrival
- Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.
- Should the guest cancel outside of 60 days from arrival, half of the first deposit will be refunded less a 3.50% processing fee.
- Should we be able to replace any of the canceled dates a prorated refund will be applied less any re-booking costs incurred.
- Should the owner not be able to replace the reservation, the balance of the initial deposit is forfeited.
Within 60 Days from Arrival
- Notice of cancellation must be submitted in writing via email.
- Should the guests cancel within 60 days from arrival, all occupancy taxes, cleaning fees, and refundable damage deposits will be fully refunded to the card on file.
- Should we be able to replace any of the canceled dates the guest will receive a pro-rata refund of monies paid less a 3.50% admin fee and rebooking charges incurred.
- Should GCVC not be able to replace the reservation, the rent and service fee will be forfeited.
- However, the guest will receive a credit of 50% of rent to be used towards a future stay at the same property within 13 months of the original arrival date.
We strongly recommend purchasing Rental Guardian Trip Insurance to reduce the risk of cancellation, weather delay, airline interruption, or medical reasons for non-travel.